West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis hopes their early-season form can help him attract new players in January.
Great Barr school was shut today after a gas leak over the weekend left some classrooms without heating.
The government says it has 'no plans' to spend about £1bn on buying the M6 Toll road in order to make it free for users.
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between West Bromwich Albion and Watford.
A man who killed a 12-year-old boy after he crashed into the side of a car at a junction is jailed for six years.
The government has ordered a review to determine whether Kirklees council should be stripped of its responsibility for services following a highly-critical inspection report.
Poor leadership, a dysfunctional governing body, pupils vulnerable to online radicalisation, serious financial failings and haphazard identification of students with special needs.
A Birmingham man has been charged with the kidnap and manslaughter of Tipton teen Kaydel Williams.
Two drug dealers who flung heroin out of their car on to a motorway as they fled from police are jailed.
Tributes are paid to a "brave" schoolboy, 12, who died after being hit by a bus in Wednesbury.
Drug dealers create a cloud of heroin on a motorway by throwing it from a car travelling at 130mph while chased by police.
A troubled academy is still underachieving two years after plunging into special measures, Ofsted has ruled.
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between Leicester City and West Bromwich Albion.
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion.
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough.
A contract to provide summer activities for children is cancelled as staff do not have the proper criminal records checks, a council says.
West Brom head coach Tony Pulis says they need to sign "five players" if they are to have a successful season.
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion.
West Bromwich Albion accept Aston Villa's bid for Wales defender James Chester, reports BBC WM.
West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace agrees a deal to sell the club to a Chinese investment group led by entrepreneur Guochuan Lai.
Emergency services were called to Hawkeswood Metal in Aston Church Road at 8.45am to reports that a wall had collapsed.
Guns Village School wants to change its name over link to weapons - but some parents say the title is historic.
A petition has been launched by parents to stop Guns Village Primary School in West Bromwich changing its name.
Council bosses will open talks with schools across Sandwell to debate children going on holiday during term time.
A 19-year-old student dies after being hit by a car in Sandwell, as another man is arrested on suspicion of driving while on drugs.
A community cafe in Smethwick that helps youngsters with learning disabilities get into work could close in July, it has been claimed.
An investigation is launched into an allegation a senior Sandwell councillor urged his authority to buy back his mother's previously council-owned home.
Torbay council’s ‘inadequate’-rated children’s services department has had a commissioner and expert advisers appointed by the Department for Education (DfE).
George Salter Academy put in special measures as staff ‘unaware’ of how to protect pupils from extremismExpress & Star 10 May
A West Bromwich school has been placed in special measures by Ofsted - with staff labelled as being 'unaware' of safeguarding pupils from 'extremism or radicalisation'.
Speeding traffic outside a Wednesbury school is being monitored after a petition signed by 200 parents and staff was handed in to the council.
More Sandwell news
- You can have your sovereignty back, but only if you do what I say
- Europe reacts to the Supreme Court ruling on Brexit
- Dorset schoolgirl kills herself in the woods after sending 'goodbye' Facebook message to friend
- Nicola Sturgeon pushes for second referendum on Scottish independence after UK Supreme Court ruling
- Iraqi refugee stands for Glasgow council elections to repay Scottish neighbours for their kindness
- Brexit: UK Government 'prioritising trade over human rights' in pursuit of Middle East deals
- Piers Morgan accuses Ewan McGregor of being a 'paedophile-loving hypocrite' after Good Morning Britain no show
- The Jewish synagogue seeking to house Muslim refugees on its premises
- Lost Dark Age kingdom hidden for 1,400 years discovered in Scotland
- Tube strike: RMT union announces second 24-hour January walkout for Central and Waterloo & City Line staff
- Trump 'to clear' Keystone XL, Dakota Access pipelines
- Plan approved for 2,500 new settler homes in West Bank
- May must get parliamentary approval to initiate Brexit
- NewsGrid – Al Jazeera's interactive news hour
- Sexual assault in the time of Trump
- Russia, Turkey, Iran agree plan to support Syria truce
- Astana joint statement by Iran, Russia, Turkey: in full
- RRDP: Women fear violence and rape in refugee camps
- On Monsanto and the First Amendment
- Scapegoating foreign aid
- Darwin's wettest day in five years
- Turnbull: Potential for China to join TPP after US exit
- Trump's embassy move to Jerusalem 'self-destructive'
- Iraqi forces gear up for anti-ISIL push in west Mosul
- What became of Egypt's Arab Spring activists?