Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough.
A contract to provide summer activities for children is cancelled as staff do not have the proper criminal records checks, a council says.
West Brom head coach Tony Pulis says they need to sign "five players" if they are to have a successful season.
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion.
West Bromwich Albion accept Aston Villa's bid for Wales defender James Chester, reports BBC WM.
West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace agrees a deal to sell the club to a Chinese investment group led by entrepreneur Guochuan Lai.
Emergency services were called to Hawkeswood Metal in Aston Church Road at 8.45am to reports that a wall had collapsed.
Guns Village School wants to change its name over link to weapons - but some parents say the title is historic.
A petition has been launched by parents to stop Guns Village Primary School in West Bromwich changing its name.
Council bosses will open talks with schools across Sandwell to debate children going on holiday during term time.
A 19-year-old student dies after being hit by a car in Sandwell, as another man is arrested on suspicion of driving while on drugs.
A community cafe in Smethwick that helps youngsters with learning disabilities get into work could close in July, it has been claimed.
An investigation is launched into an allegation a senior Sandwell councillor urged his authority to buy back his mother's previously council-owned home.
Torbay council’s ‘inadequate’-rated children’s services department has had a commissioner and expert advisers appointed by the Department for Education (DfE).
George Salter Academy put in special measures as staff ‘unaware’ of how to protect pupils from extremismExpress & Star 10 May
A West Bromwich school has been placed in special measures by Ofsted - with staff labelled as being 'unaware' of safeguarding pupils from 'extremism or radicalisation'.
Speeding traffic outside a Wednesbury school is being monitored after a petition signed by 200 parents and staff was handed in to the council.
A school in Tipton has warned parents their children will not be allowed out during break time if they continue to attend with ‘unacceptable’ hairstyles.
The M5 motorway closes for an air ambulance to land and treat a man who was freed from his overturned car.
British Gas announces plans to close an office in Oldbury with the loss of more than 680 jobs.
An academy in the Black Country has been accused of working pupils too hard with some doing nine-hour days, which one parent says has led to her child breaking down in tears.
A man dies after being stabbed in an internet cafe in Birmingham the middle of the day.
West Bromwich Albion players are to coach football to children at more than 1,000 schools in India.
The family of former West Bromwich footballer Jeff Astle say they know of 250 more players with the brain disease he died from after heading footballs.
Two men and a woman are arrested on suspicion of murder after a stabbing in West Bromwich.
The Department for Education has sent a troubleshooter into Dudley council to decide whether to strip it of control of children’s social care.
A teenager arrested on suspicion of throwing a coin at West Bromwich Albion's Chris Brunt will face no further action.
A failing academy in Tipton is beginning to show signs of improvement, according to the education watchdog, raising hopes that it could be on the way towards leaving special measures.
Eleven people are hurt when a lorry and several cars collide on the M6 in Birmingham.
Teachers and staff in Sandwell have been attacked by pupils almost 300 times during the past two years, according to new figures.
The leader of Sandwell Council, Darren Cooper, dies suddenly aged 52.
More Sandwell news
- John McDonnell vow to bring socialism back to mainstream politics sparks alarm among business leaders
- HMRC's tax credits firm Concentrix 'received calls from suicidal customers'
- Dan Jarvis plans return to the political frontline with bill to bring back binding child poverty targets
- Nearly all EU states 'could follow Britain's lead and leave the union,' claims French MP
- 'Phenomenal' ancient Chinese skeleton discovery in London graveyard casts new light on Roman society
- Parents of baby awaiting heart transplant plea for families to join donation register
- London 'autism healer' secretly filmed abusing client
- Boris Johnson's ancestral village in Turkey pledges to sacrifice 'many sheep' in his honour
- Jeremy Corbyn attacked by nuclear disarmament campaign group over Trident 'U-turn'
- Ejector seat manufacturer to be prosecuted over death of RAF Red Arrows pilot
- Iran warns enduring sanctions threatening nuclear deal
- Missing Mexico students: Case unresolved two years on
- Ten Turkish troops killed in two separate 'PKK attacks'
- Saudi Aramco eyes $334bn investment by 2025
- Is Facebook neutral on Palestine-Israel conflict?
- Deadly Boko Haram attacks in northeastern Nigeria
- France's Hollande says Calais 'Jungle' to be dismantled
- Ailed de Guevara: The Wedding Planner
- Opposing nuclear weapons in the era of millennials
- Egypt: 170 bodies found so far in refugee boat disaster
- "What will be in your heart? Won't there be hate?"
- DRC: Mobile courts deliver justice to remote areas
- India: Arrests made over attack on pregnant Dalit woman
- Aleppo: Bodies litter floor at makeshift hospital
- Can Jordan's new parliament spearhead political change?