Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough.
A contract to provide summer activities for children is cancelled as staff do not have the proper criminal records checks, a council says.
West Brom head coach Tony Pulis says they need to sign "five players" if they are to have a successful season.
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Premier League game between Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion.
West Bromwich Albion accept Aston Villa's bid for Wales defender James Chester, reports BBC WM.
West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace agrees a deal to sell the club to a Chinese investment group led by entrepreneur Guochuan Lai.
Emergency services were called to Hawkeswood Metal in Aston Church Road at 8.45am to reports that a wall had collapsed.
Guns Village School wants to change its name over link to weapons - but some parents say the title is historic.
A petition has been launched by parents to stop Guns Village Primary School in West Bromwich changing its name.
Council bosses will open talks with schools across Sandwell to debate children going on holiday during term time.
A 19-year-old student dies after being hit by a car in Sandwell, as another man is arrested on suspicion of driving while on drugs.
A community cafe in Smethwick that helps youngsters with learning disabilities get into work could close in July, it has been claimed.
An investigation is launched into an allegation a senior Sandwell councillor urged his authority to buy back his mother's previously council-owned home.
Torbay council’s ‘inadequate’-rated children’s services department has had a commissioner and expert advisers appointed by the Department for Education (DfE).
George Salter Academy put in special measures as staff ‘unaware’ of how to protect pupils from extremismExpress & Star 10 May
A West Bromwich school has been placed in special measures by Ofsted - with staff labelled as being 'unaware' of safeguarding pupils from 'extremism or radicalisation'.
Speeding traffic outside a Wednesbury school is being monitored after a petition signed by 200 parents and staff was handed in to the council.
A school in Tipton has warned parents their children will not be allowed out during break time if they continue to attend with ‘unacceptable’ hairstyles.
The M5 motorway closes for an air ambulance to land and treat a man who was freed from his overturned car.
British Gas announces plans to close an office in Oldbury with the loss of more than 680 jobs.
An academy in the Black Country has been accused of working pupils too hard with some doing nine-hour days, which one parent says has led to her child breaking down in tears.
A man dies after being stabbed in an internet cafe in Birmingham the middle of the day.
West Bromwich Albion players are to coach football to children at more than 1,000 schools in India.
The family of former West Bromwich footballer Jeff Astle say they know of 250 more players with the brain disease he died from after heading footballs.
Two men and a woman are arrested on suspicion of murder after a stabbing in West Bromwich.
The Department for Education has sent a troubleshooter into Dudley council to decide whether to strip it of control of children’s social care.
A teenager arrested on suspicion of throwing a coin at West Bromwich Albion's Chris Brunt will face no further action.
A failing academy in Tipton is beginning to show signs of improvement, according to the education watchdog, raising hopes that it could be on the way towards leaving special measures.
Eleven people are hurt when a lorry and several cars collide on the M6 in Birmingham.
Teachers and staff in Sandwell have been attacked by pupils almost 300 times during the past two years, according to new figures.
The leader of Sandwell Council, Darren Cooper, dies suddenly aged 52.
More Sandwell news
- Theresa May faces Brexit battles on two fronts after being sidelined at EU summit
- Seven-year-old boy living as a girl is taken from his mother with custody given to father and his new partner
- Turing Bill filibustered by Tory minster amid row over how to pardon people convicted under scrapped anti-gay laws
- London City Airport evacuation 'may have been caused by CS gas'
- Homeless man interrupts live Channel 4 broadcast to ask 'why don't you film me?'
- Former police chief Gordon Anglesea found guilty of historical child sex abuse
- London City Airport evacuated as dozens become ill in 'chemical incident'
- London City Airport evacuated: Hundreds of passengers ordered to leave terminal as all flights stopped
- Ukip without an HQ after leaving its central London base amid claims of financial difficulties
- John Prescott's son is appointed Jeremy Corbyn's new speechwriter
- Mosul: ISIL may use civilians as human shield, says UN
- Cameroon train crash: Scores killed, hundreds injured
- North Carolina voters flood polls after voting battle
- India: Pakistan soldiers killed in border shootings
- London airport declared safe after 'chemical incident'
- Abu Ghraib inmates allowed to sue over alleged torture
- Turkey shells Kurdish fighters in Aleppo province
- Crisis in Libya: Who's to blame?
- Muslims stage protest prayers near Rome's Colosseum
- Duterte backtracks on Philippines' 'separation' with US
- Iraq: Deaths as explosions, gunfire rock Kirkuk
- US destroyer sails through the South China Sea
- Burkina Faso: Coup attempt thwarted, says government
- UN rights chief denounces Aleppo raids as 'war crimes'
- At least four dead in attack on refugee boat near Libya